Crazy About Reading
The Boquete Library, in coordination with Loco Por Leer, will be offering a six-week reading program for English-speaking students that will be focused on improving literacy and reading comprehension of students aged 7-12 in a fun and supportive environment. Students will read, write, listen, speak, and play educational games in order to improve their skills under the supervision of knowledgeable and experienced instructors.
Wednesdays from 2-4:00 PM
September 5 – October 10 Boquete Library
Register at the Boquete Library
Ages 7-12 or Grades 4-7
Register by August 29
Contact the Library if you are interested in serving as a Volunteer Facilitator
- Students who are native or comfortable English speakers are encouraged to register for this program.
- All instruction, interaction, and materials will be in English. This program provides literacy instruction to strengthen students’ skills including comprehension, fluency, vocabulary, writing, listening and speaking in the English language.
- Pre and post-assessments will be used to determine placement and appropriate instruction.
- Contact the Boquete Library for registration materials.
- All registrations must include a library card.
- Wednesday, August 29 is the last day for student regis-tration.
- Parent/student interviews will begin on Monday, August 27.
- 30-minute interviews include an interest survey and a one-minute reading placement assessment.
- Sign up in the Boquete Library for an interview appointment.
- This literacy program invites volunteers to participate in the following activities:
- Facilitate reading and literacy instruction.
- Facilitate one-to-one fluency practice and assessment.
- Facilitate small group discussion and educational games.
- Coach writing, speaking, listening sessions.
- Assist in snack time.
- Assist in student welcome and departure.
Volunteer Training Sessions:
- August 23, 10-11:30 AM
- August 30 , 10-11:30 AM
- Register at the Boquete Library.
- Training sessions at the Boquete Library
- All material provided.
For more information contact:
Sandra Cripe Volunteer Director Loco por Leer email@example.com 6716-8979
Jesse Davis Peace Corps Response: firstname.lastname@example.org, 6720-4247
Beverly Enns, English Language Specialist, Beverly.email@example.com 6916-3334