location.href = 'https://boquete.ning.com/';

So I have been reading this discussion about being nearly impossible to find a decent house near or around Boquete for $300, with many giving opinions as far as suggesting moving to another country.

Well, I can tell you, it is possible. If you stay away from the Boquete Realtors who want to cash into the Gringo Bingo and even some expats themselves who charge their peers at comparable US rates, of course, getting those prices is impossible.

YES, Boquete has gotten expensive because WE have allowed it by accepting higher prices.

Here are some links, which are in no way promoting anything or anyone in particular, but just to show it can be done for a nice home, newer in a nice area.

http://www.encuentra24.com/panama-es/bienes-raices-alquiler-casas-en-el-interior/se-alquila-casa-en-residencial-villa-adriana-los-algarrobos-chiriqui/5917282?search=keyword.alquileres&regionslug=prov-chiriqui&catslug=all

http://www.encuentra24.com/panama-es/bienes-raices-alquiler-casas/se-alquila/6032273?search=keyword.alquileres&regionslug=prov-chiriqui&catslug=all

http://www.encuentra24.com/panama-es/bienes-raices-alquiler-casas/alquiler-de-casa-en-230-00-negociable/6031963?search=keyword.alquileres&regionslug=prov-chiriqui&catslug=all

http://www.encuentra24.com/panama-es/bienes-raices-alquiler-casas/alquiler-de-casa-en-residencial-la-arboleda/6031437?search=keyword.alquileres&regionslug=prov-chiriqui&catslug=all

http://www.encuentra24.com/panama-es/bienes-raices-alquiler-casas-en-el-interior/alquilo-casa-unifamiliar-en-david-centrica-bien-conservada/6007719?search=keyword.alquileres&regionslug=prov-chiriqui&catslug=all

All those homes are available for rent where the nationals go to look for rentals which is www.encuentra24.com, there you find REAL prices for properties as it is not aimed for expats, there is no different price, but one price, the real and reasonable price. I only opted for houses $300 or less, however there are very nice homes for $400-$600, some semi or fully furnished. Additionally I saw 1 home at Mystic Gardens for $600, where we are paying up to $800 per month if we go through our Boquete Brokers and liaisons who often over charge us tremendously.

Please do not give ill advice and tell people they better move to another country or another city, just because you think it does not happen or you are paying way more, it does not mean others cannot find it at the real market value. Do not discourage those on a fixed income to come down to Chiriqui and checking it out for themselves and please stop using craigslist, this is only for expats, nationals do not use it, they use olx or encuentra24 for their classifieds

You need to be a member of Boquete Ning to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Correct, Porerillios does not presently have the public interest of Boquete due to limited resources along with more difficult transportation issues for those relying on public transportation to get around. Maybe when the road from Cera Punta to Caldera becomes a reality it will change.

• There is more to renting a house than price and climate. Security and Area (this is area from your closest neighbor) should also be a major consideration along with Internet, Cable TV, water supply and access (bus, taxi ...).  If you rent a house without good security (bars on windows, double or outer doors, fence around the entire property, dog's allowed) then you are leaving yourself set up to be robbed. If you do not have space between yourself and your neighbor then you might end up listening to loud music you do not enjoy. Many homes do not have Internet or Cable TV coverage nearby (you will end up going to Internet cafe's and watching local TV channels all in Spanish). Guaranteed Water supply is a necessity, not a luxury, make sure there are sufficient backup tanks installed. If you do not own a car and you are in low cost housing in the boondocks then how are you going to go for supplies. If you do not speak Spanish than how will you communicate or speak with your neighbors. And lastly, if you are on a limited budget and cannot afford health care, what will you do if you get sick? I am sure there are many other things that I left out but what I have listed are considerations.  There are no shelters or food stamps or social programs for the poor here. Most Panamanian poor are helped by their family network, do you have a family network here?

patrick

• For those who don’t mind the heat and enjoy city living David has its attractions and could be managed on a low income budget. Accommodation can be found for a reasonable price, taxis are plentiful and most of the city is accessible for $2 or $3, many more dining opportunities that are kind to the pocketbook and entertainment choices continue to grow. Buses to Boquete are plentiful and cheap for take in its rural charms.

Dolega which most of us refer to as being the stretch we pass through on the David/Boquete road, is also hot with budget accommodation but doesn’t have the entertainment or dining options of David. With the growth of David, Dolega will no doubt expand and gain more recreational diversity in the future, but that will be years in the future rather than near future.

Boquete as stated in previous posts is being pushed out of the reach of moderate income expat households. It is no longer a well kept secret. When it was found that there was money to be made the internet lit up promoting this once quiet hamlet as a retirement haven for a fraction of the cost of your present home. But today for those with modest incomes waking up daily to the beauties of the Boquete countryside could be a fantasy. Unless you are a single who is willing to enter into a situation where you rent a room from a Panamanian family or find someone to share the expenses of apartment or house living, I don’t see a lot of hope.    

• Marie....your comment is right on!

• Please when writing this give the facts.First as stated above these homes are not in the boquete area.Second we have a realty company and I can tell for sure it is not the brokers setting the prices it is the owners of the properties.Please don't paint a picture that we are somehow ripping people off,we simply are giving the prices the owners want and try very hard to accommodate everyone we work with.

• Well I can you that a Realtors duty is to educate the clients and to tell them the real value of their property whether its to rent or to sell. I lived in Los Naranjos and my furnished duplex was $450 2 bedrooms all inclusive. So you can find them and while you may not be overcharging your expat customers, I know realtors who do
  • https://chiriqui.olx.com.pa/apartamentos-casas-alquiler-cat-363

Here are more links with over 12 homes for $300 or under

Again, we do not sponsor or advocate for any of these websites, just giving them to you as a reference point

Apartamentos y Casas en Alquiler en Chiriquí | OLX Panamá
    Anuncios clasificados gratis de Apartamentos y Casas en Alquiler en Chiriquí. En OLX podrás encontrar las mejores ofertas de Apartamentos y Casas en…
    • Olga, there are a few things I like about this post. The www.encuentra24.com, site I was aware of but the https://chiriqui.olx.com.pa  I was not; thank you. These sites are valuable resources for all sorts of merchandise on sale, not just housing. Your reference to the fact that “we” allowed the higher prices is true. If we do not educate ourselves before laying down hard earned cash, prices will continue to escalate. Don’t be in a rush to give someone money for property because you made a trip specially to purchase, if someone is pressuring you it is because they think they have you cornered. Go home and think on it, do more research and then make another trip if your mindset hasn’t changed. One of my personal pet peeves is the high prices in restaurants catering primarily to gringos. I firmly believe the 25% pensionado discount is calculated into the menu price.

Getting back onto subject matter, if you are willing and able to forgo all the resources that have cropped up to feed off the gringo market and utilize Panamanian sources the country remains a viable option to consider for relocating your home.  

• I wholeheartedly agree with you. One must really do reaearch and compare and try to find out about the local pages, those expat pages promoting relocation help do so with a hefty profit margin in their offerings, often times is because tgey themselves have paid the higher prices

The language, even if the most basic just to get you by, must be learned as to avoid depending so much on these services and persons who take advantage
This reply was deleted.

Recent Activity

kenny waldrop replied to Lily's discussion 2 bedroom 2 bath rental for long or short term in Boquete Rentals
"Hello, beautiful place. How much are you asking?
Kenny
kendrop@hotmail.com 
 "
Feb 1, 2023
kenny waldrop replied to Patrick's discussion Avail 01/15/23 House Rental, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath $500. in Boquete Rentals
"Hi, I see that the house is rented. Will it be available July 1st for 1 year lease?

Thank you,…"
Feb 1, 2023
Lynne Ditlow replied to Whskyman's discussion Brother Sewing Machine, Model GX37 in Boquete Classifieds
"Hi is this sold? "
Jan 30, 2023
Buenos Vecinos de Boquete posted a discussion
View this email in your browserBuenos Vecinos de Boquete Newsletter January 2023Family of the Month…
Jan 30, 2023
Dee posted a discussion
Does anyone know if Strong Tower Church is still operating? If it is, can you please tell me where…
Jan 29, 2023
Patrick posted a discussion in Boquete Classifieds
ANYONE HAVE A COMPUTER MONITOR AT LEAST 24"TO SELL ATA REASONABLE PRICE?IF SO, PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT:…
Jan 27, 2023
Panama Mac posted a discussion in Boquete Classifieds
 Do you have an iPhone or iPad with music loaded on it?  Want to be able to play that music over…
Jan 26, 2023
Panama Mac posted a discussion in Boquete Classifieds
Looking to treat your family to a WOW experience in Panama from the comfort of your own home?  …
Jan 24, 2023
Fundrifter replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
"Hello....  Is already rented.  Thank you for your interes."
Jan 22, 2023
Myles replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
"Your link doesn't work"
Jan 21, 2023
Fundrifter replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
Jan 21, 2023
Myles replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
"Don't see link for photos !"
Jan 21, 2023
Fundrifter posted a discussion in Boquete Rentals
OWNER RENTS SPECTACULAR HOUSE OF 230 MTS.2 (CLOSED AREA) ON A LOT OF 1,400 MT 2. 3 BEDROOMS, 3…
Jan 21, 2023
Carlos Antonio Villarreal posted photos in Casa Prado
Jan 19, 2023
Cynthia Dunne replied to Jeff Larvick's discussion Driver’s License exam in English
"Hi Jeff, can you send me a copy of the exam if you still have it.   my email is…"
Jan 19, 2023
Patrick replied to Patrick's discussion Avail 01/15/23 House Rental, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath $500. in Boquete Rentals
"THE HOUSE HAS BEEN RENTED
 "
Jan 10, 2023
More…