location.href = 'https://boquete.ning.com/';

***Confirmed*** Tourist Visa is still valid for 180 days

Tourists Can Still Stay 180 Days in Panama, Not 90 as Previously Reported.

I hope the confusion ends now and dear Olga in this forum should know the best when stating she has contacts on the highest levels. Fortunately her wish did not come true. Thanks God! Here is the full explanation and clarification for all of us...Hope it helps 

http://panamaforbeginners.com/tourists-can-still-stay-180-days-panama-not-90-previously-reported/

You need to be a member of Boquete Ning to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ayye-aye captain unfollowing thread, it has no future like trumps political career

• Making Panama great again, at least you looked up how to spell pura boca and good luck with finding better bread, I find the bread at sugar and spice decent

• Well done Glen.

• Glen renewing visas seems to be a bad idea. Who would retire here if you might get thrown out in 5 years. Plus ripe for corrupt officials to ask for money when you come to renew a visa now you have a house or car etc.

Haven't the administrative costs been covered with the first application fee?

• We generally get back what we throw out so speak and some of us will always find difficulty no matter where we live, and for some the longer they live somewhere the more trouble they attract. I have heard lots of stories from people I have met here and know people who live in constant fear and who swear it is not safe to travel alone or with valuables, generally I have found if you look at bad  situations from a truly objective stand point they usually makes sense and often can be avoided.  I have been stolen from since I have been here (Canadian money no less, they must have been desperate)  haha and considering the security on the property it could have only been the gringo landlord or his wife. I have had more issues with gringo landlords being full of B.S. with regards to rentals and rental situations than anything else... so far knock on wood.

• LOL at glen for the "breading out of defective DNA"  Wow that speaks volumes in so many ways, what would you do with say people with down syndrome? P.S. careful what you wish for!

• Yes I understand that I guess I view the word meaningful differently I realize many people view their money as meaningful and feel that if that all they need to do is pay some money and that makes them feel like they contribute society in a meaningful way but to me that isn't a meaningful contribution it is a monetary one. Renters probably contribute more monetarily long term than a house owner depending on the extravagance of the building

• Yes the system is meant to be "gamed" or used to my full advantage.

It is the same with taxes why would someone pay more than legally required? Tax avoidance is not evasion.

Ged have you heard of a denuncio?

When a worker gets mad  they file a denuncio and one day at a checkpoint they take your car. If you piss off an abogado they take your house.

I have met people this has happened to.

Contracts.

• I don't think either side would want to do what you suggest, Glen. It's just too much work. Immigration pleads overwork as it is, which is a big part of Executive Decree 591 accepting the vetting by four other governments. I say do the vetting at first and raise the minimum income threshold. Another thought would be to require, in addition to more income, the purchase of health insurance; and make it a violation of law to allow it to lapse.

The expat demographics have changed radically over the past few years. When I came, virtually everyone came with money to get their visa, buy or build a house, maybe start a business, and then pledge allegiance to one charity/organization or another. While there certainly are exceptions, many people now are trying to get by on social security, renting with no intent to buy, border hopping indefinitely, and not contributing to the community in any meaningful way. They're here just because it's cheaper. My fear is that they will become a significant burden on the Panamanian system later if not sooner, which will give rise changes in the law potentially harmful to all of us.

• Just for the record with no or limited and expensive heath care in the U.S. you are right the Americans will most likely become a burden as they age others who have health care in their country will most likely return to their country

This reply was deleted.

Recent Activity

kenny waldrop replied to Lily's discussion 2 bedroom 2 bath rental for long or short term in Boquete Rentals
"Hello, beautiful place. How much are you asking?
Kenny
kendrop@hotmail.com 
 "
Feb 1, 2023
kenny waldrop replied to Patrick's discussion Avail 01/15/23 House Rental, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath $500. in Boquete Rentals
"Hi, I see that the house is rented. Will it be available July 1st for 1 year lease?

Thank you,…"
Feb 1, 2023
Lynne Ditlow replied to Whskyman's discussion Brother Sewing Machine, Model GX37 in Boquete Classifieds
"Hi is this sold? "
Jan 30, 2023
Buenos Vecinos de Boquete posted a discussion
View this email in your browserBuenos Vecinos de Boquete Newsletter January 2023Family of the Month…
Jan 30, 2023
Dee posted a discussion
Does anyone know if Strong Tower Church is still operating? If it is, can you please tell me where…
Jan 29, 2023
Patrick posted a discussion in Boquete Classifieds
ANYONE HAVE A COMPUTER MONITOR AT LEAST 24"TO SELL ATA REASONABLE PRICE?IF SO, PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT:…
Jan 27, 2023
Panama Mac posted a discussion in Boquete Classifieds
 Do you have an iPhone or iPad with music loaded on it?  Want to be able to play that music over…
Jan 26, 2023
Panama Mac posted a discussion in Boquete Classifieds
Looking to treat your family to a WOW experience in Panama from the comfort of your own home?  …
Jan 24, 2023
Fundrifter replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
"Hello....  Is already rented.  Thank you for your interes."
Jan 22, 2023
Myles replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
"Your link doesn't work"
Jan 21, 2023
Fundrifter replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
Jan 21, 2023
Myles replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
"Don't see link for photos !"
Jan 21, 2023
Fundrifter posted a discussion in Boquete Rentals
OWNER RENTS SPECTACULAR HOUSE OF 230 MTS.2 (CLOSED AREA) ON A LOT OF 1,400 MT 2. 3 BEDROOMS, 3…
Jan 21, 2023
Carlos Antonio Villarreal posted photos in Casa Prado
Jan 19, 2023
Cynthia Dunne replied to Jeff Larvick's discussion Driver’s License exam in English
"Hi Jeff, can you send me a copy of the exam if you still have it.   my email is…"
Jan 19, 2023
Patrick replied to Patrick's discussion Avail 01/15/23 House Rental, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath $500. in Boquete Rentals
"THE HOUSE HAS BEEN RENTED
 "
Jan 10, 2023
More…