location.href = 'https://boquete.ning.com/';

STOLEN COMPUTERS, CAMERAS, HARD DRIVES RECOVERED

After the arrest of Frederick Allen Osburn earlier this week (aliases Fred Allen, Bobby Harris, "Tech Guy" from Computer Protection Services (CPS), Brent Farnsworth), DIJ showed that it is also possible to recover stolen laptops without using CPS.  A search of Osburn's residence after his arrest resulted in the recovery of an abundance of stolen merchandise.

The photos below show several laptops, many cameras, dozens of hard disks, along with "ninja" masks and dark apparel that Osburn and perhaps others used in burglarizing homes throughout Boquete.

If you have been robbed since December 2009, and have not recovered stolen laptops, cameras, etc., you should contact DIJ (Roxana Terrero, 720-4180 - Spanish only) in order to examine the recovered merchandise.  If you need translation assistance, contact the Alto al Crimen Hotline at 6477-6662.

Anyone wishing to visit Osburn can find him in the David jail, on the airport road.

You need to be a member of Boquete Ning to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If you go to DIJ, be sure to take any documentation you may have that could help prove ownership. Receipts, pictures, police report - you did file a police report, didn't you? Several people have asked about purchasing unclaimed items - I will inquire and post the answer early next week.
    • I would be very interested in when items were stolen. If you reclaim items and can provide a date of loss I would be deeply appreciative. Please just email me boqueteguide@gmail.com

Thank You
      Lee
  • And I thought it was only because the people of Boquete did not support Roger and CPS that Ozzie returned to a life of crime? Looks like he was collecting things while he was offering services as the CTO of Computer Protection Services. Perhaps the "Catch me if you can" logo had more than a little significance.

• We are so glad Ozzie is in jail. We hope everyone gets their property back that he stole. I bet Roger's home has a few stolen items also. He needs to go down with Ozzie!
      • This reply was deleted.
        • In that same set of 10 commandments you draw from, it also says it is a sin to lie, steal, and covet your neighbor's possessions. You certainly do pick and choose your bible verses to rationalize your position. Of course that has been the history of bible quoters - they can use it to justify anything they want to, historically even slavery.
            • Gwen, the Martinelli administration has assigned one of their top prosecutors to this case, and has also enlisted the technical expertise of computer experts to examine the hard drives that were recovered, both for evidence against the culprits and also for identification of the victims. Hopefully, you made a police report at the time of the incident, but in reality it would be much easier to interface with the police if you were here. Hard to tell at this point how much more in the way of stolen goods had already been fenced or sold. I know you are a photographer, and there were some very nice cameras... Brisas was one of the places we know Ozzie was working.
        • Gwen i too thoughtI knew Roger Imerman. I thought he was a harmless man trying to start a business. I was wrong. I discovered first that his computer expert was not an expert on the the Internet. Then that his expert was Ozzie. I emailed Roger first, before I knew for sure it was Ozzie and then again after I knew. Both times he denied in the strongest terms that Fed Allen was Fred Allen Osburn. He lied to me and to the entire community.

In doing this and threatening to sue under the liable laws to prevent me from exposing him showed his true character. Because of his complicity many people were damaged. Roger is culpable not an innocent. He is a dangerous person to trust because he will lie to earn a dollar regardless of the cost to others.

Your view, I am sure shared with others will open the community up to the next fraud, theft or other scheme to make Roger some money.
          • When back in the states, a friend in Bouquete asked me to help gather information on Fred. I came up with much of the same information that Mark presented at the meeting on Tues. Folks, I can not even cut and paste on a computer. When all this trash came up on Fred, I am pretty sure that Roger at least googled him. To hide someone that is a threat to children, in my opinion, is not a forgivable crime, when one considers that these types are rarely "fixable". I am a Christian also, but even God has his limits of forgiveness. Abby L.
        • Gwen, evaluate the facts, as you suggest, then re-evaluate your statement. This was a willful and knowing deception, putting a known criminal and sex offender inside the homes of your friends and neighbors in the community. The lies and deceptions were premeditated, and the result was the theft of tens of thousands of dollars worth of material goods, not to mention the travesty of the violation of the sanctity of people's homes. But, as you say, Roger is always trying to find a way to make some income...

I think most people would agree that one's desire to make some income does not give them the right to put a known criminal into the homes of others, deliberately lie and deceive, even after being given numerous opportunities to come clean.

If Roger has "no idea of the consequences of his actions" perhaps he should have a guardian appointed for him.
            • Gwen, you really let me have it...but being a sister in Christ, I felt it was uncalled for to say we were not welcome in Boquete and that I was spreading a rumor. This experience shows you how you must not trust everyone you meet. It seems that Panama and other countries are places that criminals go to escape the crimes committed in the US. Be careful!!! Roger befriended a criminal and one who exploits children! In my eyes, someone who uses children in any bad way should get the harshest penalties imaginable. And then to steal from people who trust him with their computers, is horrible in itself. I do not feel that Roger, being an ex cop, should have given Ozzie the time of day and especially not hire a wanted criminal or let him reside on his property, and then lie to everyone about who he is. I do not think an apology is enough from this man, who should have known better, to the people of Boquete. Gwen, I try not to judge people, as it is not my place, but when it is out there for all to see...I do not feel it is being judgmental. Enjoy your day
This reply was deleted.

Recent Activity

kenny waldrop replied to Lily's discussion 2 bedroom 2 bath rental for long or short term in Boquete Rentals
"Hello, beautiful place. How much are you asking?
Kenny
kendrop@hotmail.com 
 "
Feb 1, 2023
kenny waldrop replied to Patrick's discussion Avail 01/15/23 House Rental, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath $500. in Boquete Rentals
"Hi, I see that the house is rented. Will it be available July 1st for 1 year lease?

Thank you,…"
Feb 1, 2023
Lynne Ditlow replied to Whskyman's discussion Brother Sewing Machine, Model GX37 in Boquete Classifieds
"Hi is this sold? "
Jan 30, 2023
Buenos Vecinos de Boquete posted a discussion
View this email in your browserBuenos Vecinos de Boquete Newsletter January 2023Family of the Month…
Jan 30, 2023
Dee posted a discussion
Does anyone know if Strong Tower Church is still operating? If it is, can you please tell me where…
Jan 29, 2023
Patrick posted a discussion in Boquete Classifieds
ANYONE HAVE A COMPUTER MONITOR AT LEAST 24"TO SELL ATA REASONABLE PRICE?IF SO, PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT:…
Jan 27, 2023
Panama Mac posted a discussion in Boquete Classifieds
 Do you have an iPhone or iPad with music loaded on it?  Want to be able to play that music over…
Jan 26, 2023
Panama Mac posted a discussion in Boquete Classifieds
Looking to treat your family to a WOW experience in Panama from the comfort of your own home?  …
Jan 24, 2023
Fundrifter replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
"Hello....  Is already rented.  Thank you for your interes."
Jan 22, 2023
Myles replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
"Your link doesn't work"
Jan 21, 2023
Fundrifter replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
Jan 21, 2023
Myles replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
"Don't see link for photos !"
Jan 21, 2023
Fundrifter posted a discussion in Boquete Rentals
OWNER RENTS SPECTACULAR HOUSE OF 230 MTS.2 (CLOSED AREA) ON A LOT OF 1,400 MT 2. 3 BEDROOMS, 3…
Jan 21, 2023
Carlos Antonio Villarreal posted photos in Casa Prado
Jan 19, 2023
Cynthia Dunne replied to Jeff Larvick's discussion Driver’s License exam in English
"Hi Jeff, can you send me a copy of the exam if you still have it.   my email is…"
Jan 19, 2023
Patrick replied to Patrick's discussion Avail 01/15/23 House Rental, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath $500. in Boquete Rentals
"THE HOUSE HAS BEEN RENTED
 "
Jan 10, 2023
More…