Stuck In Lauderdale, Missed Panama flight for days now.

My Sister is one of the victims stuck in Ft. Lauderdale.  She cannot get her baggage or personal items.  Seems there are far more victims.  You would think the officials could sue some common sense to help others stuck there.  25,000 pieces of luggage and people held up.  Seems crazy to me.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_AIRPORT_SHOOTING_FLORIDA_...

Views: 558

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I went to Ft. Lauderdale airport last night to drop off my Panamanian niece and her friend who visited for the Holidays, I can tell you that I was surprised by the non enforcement of security and chaos in the organization on Terminal 4 (Spirit red eyes). Her flight was at 11:14 p.m. but we arrived at 8 p.m. The line for check in of luggage extended all the way onto the outside sidewalks of the airport, no security outside, no one really guiding anything except 1 worker from Spirit, 1.5 hrs later and several hundred frustrated passengers, she was checked in.

I saw no police officers or any increased security, nothing really different than it had been before, Spirit is awful.

Downstairs where the incident happened (baggage claim) again, I saw no added security and life was business as normal. Matter of fact, many cars parked outside of the airport, in the middle of 595 waiting for their relatives to arrive, avoiding parking inside the airport. Surprising, usually police moves these cars, however, they were noticeably absent from the airport and surrounding areas

What a nightmare for you! They must be using the "lightning never strides twice" rule. Unfortunately, people come into Ft. Lauderdale because it is cheaper than flying to Miami usually.

RSS

Local Sponsors

In Need Of Help in Boquete? A ride to a doctor? Need groceries delivered while ill? Need Spanish translation for a medical visit? Visit from a friend? Whatever the need, we are there to help. The Stephen Ministers at San Juan Bautista Church.
Call 6886-6818.

© 2017   Created by JLM Foundation.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service