location.href = 'https://boquete.ning.com/';

U.S. Embassy in Panama

Message for U.S. Citizens: Conjunctivitis Precautions

September 5, 2017

Conjunctivitis Precautions:

In the past couple of weeks, the incidences of conjunctivitis in Panama have been growing rapidly and conjunctivitis is now considered an epidemic by the Panama Ministry of Health. There have been more than 25,000 cases reported nationally and more than 6,300 in the city of Panama alone. Conjunctivitis affects the eyes and is caused by a virus-like micro-organism called Enterovirus. Practicing good hygiene is the best way to avoid conjunctivitis and control its spread:

Here are a few pointers to protect yourself and control the spread of conjunctivitis.

• Don’t touch your eyes with your hands.
  • Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently.
  • Change your towel and washcloth daily, and don’t share your towel with others.
  • Avoid the use of eye cosmetics, particularly mascara.
  • Don’t use another person’s eye cosmetics or personal eye-care items.
  • Follow your eye doctor’s instructions on proper contact lens care.

You can soothe the discomfort of conjunctivitis by applying cold compresses to your affected eye or eyes. To make a compress, soak a clean cloth in cold (iced) water and wring it out before applying it gently to your closed eyelids.

Also, it is important to avoid crowded places where conjunctivitis may be spread. Finally, always consult your physician before beginning any treatment.

You need to be a member of Boquete Ning to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Here is an excerpt from something else that I just read today:

Effective and Trusted For 100s of Years...

For hundreds of years, silver’s incredible power to kill germs and stop disease has been known throughout the world. In fact, it’s been used since long before anyone knew what a germ was!

• Silver coins dropped in fresh milk prevented souring and kept unhealthy bacteria from growing.
    • Scientists put silver dimes in Petri dishes to sterilize them.
    • Silver nitrate was required for years in newborn babies’ eyes in most states to stop blindness caused by common diseases.
    • Until the advent of penicillin and other antibiotics, finely ground silver suspended in water (the forerunner of modern colloidal silver) was considered the best treatment for burns, fungus, infections, and disease.
    • When NASA scientists needed a compact, safe, reliable, highly efficient water purification system to send into space with U.S. astronauts, they turned to silver ionization generators.

Look, if silver is embraced by NASA and the U.S. Military Academy at West Point – world leaders in technology and innovation, and highly experienced at keeping human beings alive and very well in extreme conditions – that’s a pretty persuasive argument!

Put another way, these benefits have been known for decades. In a 1978 Science Digest article, “Our Mightiest Germ Fighter,” one expert said,

“Silver is emerging as a wonder of modern medicine. An antibiotic kills perhaps half a dozen different disease organisms, but silver kills some 650. Resistant strains fail to develop. Moreover, silver is virtually nontoxic.”

“Highly Effective... No Evident Negative Effects”

The same article reported on research by Dr. Carl Moyer. Moyer who was the Chairman of Washington State University’s Department of Surgery. There they found a colloidal silver salve to be the most effective treatment for severe burns. And it was a treatment with no evident negative effects.

And as a totally natural remedy, colloidal silver is superior even to prescription antibiotics, like penicillin, ampicillin, etc. Those drugs kill harmful AND BENEFICIAL bacteria. Especially in your stomach and bowels. That’s why so many people experience intense stomach pain when taking these powerful drugs.

And of course antibiotics’ dangerous interactions with other medicines and other harmful side effects are well known. A recent Wall Street Journal article confirms what I have been telling my subscribers for years:

“Silver, in the form of dissolved ions, fights microorganisms by interfering with processes such as how they breathe and reproduce. Tests show that silver ions kill microorganisms ranging from harmful strains of E. coli that cause food-borne diseases to the staphylococcus bacteria responsible for serious infections.”

With food poisoning spreading through our food supply in products like cantaloupes, spinach, and even ground beef, you really need to have this option readily at hand. After all, any one of us could be just one meal away from urgently needing it.

Meanwhile, tens of thousands of colloidal silver users report no side effects at all. The Association for Colloidal Research says flat out:

“Medical journal reports and documented studies spanning 100 years indicate no known side effects from oral or I.V. administration of properly manufactured colloidal silver in animal or human testing.”

Despite a cloak of official secrecy and a near-total media blackout about the benefits of colloidal silver, many large corporations are using silver for public sanitation purposes. Including major airlines

It's for reasons like  this that I make and sell colloidal silver.  It's better than antibiotics, costs much less and requires no prescription.  Anyone  who wants more information about specific medical and non-medical uses for colloidal silver can send an email to usn11958@gmail.com and I'll send it, along with a price list for El Matador colloidal silver and other El Matador products.

• ADDENDUM

I see many of my customers in various places, such as  the Tuesday Market, Sugar and Spice, The Fish House, the flea market, etc., so I try to keep products in my car with me.  If you see me anywhere around town, including tomorrow at the Tuesday Market, and want some colloidal silver, mold killer, boron supplement or Pup Fresh dog deodorant, just stop me and ask.  Or send an email to usn11958@gmail.com

• Here is a link to one peer reviewed paper I quickly found:  https://www.rroij.com/open-access/the-neutralizing-effects-of-asap-...:

And here is a link to a .pdf copy of an early 20th century book from England about colloids in health and medical treeatment:  https://ia802706.us.archive.org/32/items/useofcolloidsinh00searuoft...

Here's a link to another paper, but it is necessary to be a member of the site to download it:  https://www.scopus.com/record/display.uri?eid=2-s2.0-34848864995&am...

Belay that.  I found the entire paper on another site:  http://nanotechsilversolutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Ultra...  This paper mentions the existence of numbers of scientific papers about colloidal siilver.

I have a digital library of information about colloidal silver, and some of the papers I have may be peer reviewed  Often, however, scientific papers are too detailed and abstruse for the average person who just wants to find out what colloidal silver is, how it works and how it can be used to treat problems they have.

I have been making and using colloidal silver for over ten years and have progressed fron a very basic and somewhat crude process to a device that produces nano particles that can cross the blood-brain barrier.  The ability of CS to treat viral infections sets it apart from other treatments, though using it for bacterial infections makes much more sense than using antibiotics unnecessarily and possibly having bacteria in your body develop resistance to them.  For instance C, dificile is a bacterium that is resident in almost everyone's gut.  So is Helicobacter pylori.  Both are difficult to kill with antibiotics, though it is possible.  They are generally held in check by the good bacteria in the digestive system, but if a course of antibiotics is used, especially for more than just a short time, it will kill off many of the good bacteria and allow free rein to those bad guys.  Helicobacter pylori is the primary cause of stomach ulcers.  Clostridium dificile can cause serious diarrhea and life-threatening inflammatory colon infections.  Colloidal silver can kill both.

As with antibiotics, if you take colloidal silver it is a good idea to take pro-biotics or to eat fermented foods such as kefir, kim chee, active culture yogurt or sauerkraut to help maintain good bacteria in the digestive tract

• Thanks for all the info in educating people who don't know how wonderful colloidal silver is. It is the only thing I would use for this condition (and many more). You can find Nano colloidal silver every Tuesday at the market at my table "Finca Feliz" in the octagon room. Use also for any open wound to avoid infection, soak your fresh veggies with some in some water to kill parasites, and kills "bad" bacteria internally. Nano silver is the only one that survives the stomach acid so it can benefit you internally. Also fabulous for getting rid of mold. I have different sizes and a spray bottle as well. See you at the Market.

• Get off Keith's case. All of us are tired of it.

Actually, conjunctivitis generally is not that serious unless complications develop. Most cases cure themselves in a week or two. A little humor never hurts.

• /-All the drugs in the long list at webmd are for treating bacterially caused conjunctivitis, but the most  common cause is viral.  The initial post in this thread mentions a viral cause, possibly because it was in the news about conjunctivitis currently plagueing Panama.  Bacterial conjunctivitis is "yuckier" in that it has brighter redness and usually exudes pus and causes the eyelid to become stuck shut.

As I said before, there are no regular pharmaceutical treatments for viral conjunctiivitis, but colloidal silver will cure it.  It will also cure bacterial conjunctivitis, so using a known one-shot treatment makes a lot of sense.  At the same time, it avoids using antibiotics, which are terribly over-prescribed.  Excessive use of antibiotics allowos bacteria to develop resistance to them.  That is why we now have serious problems with MRSA, CRE and MDRGN which generally have very limited pharmaceutical treatment available and regularly infect people  in hospitals.  The mortality rates of these three classes  of resistant bacteria are about 22%, 50% and 26% respectively.

Both MRSA and CRE are problems in hospitals in Panama, with CRE being found in about 20% of  gram negative bacteria.  It is noteworthy that colloidal silver will also kill these antibiotic-resistant bacteria.

• Colloidal silver is an excellent and effective treatment for conjunctivitis.  Put two or three drops in he affected eye(s) twice during the day and at bedtime.  It should clear in two or three days.

Antibiotic  drops or ointments will not work for viral infections.

Colloidal silver kills over six hundred (600) different microorganisms, including bacteria, viruses, fungi and yeasts.  It is often more effective and faster-acting than antibiotics on bacterial infections, and bacteria cannot develop a resistance to it.  There are very expensive antiviral drugs that are often targeted at specific viruses, but there is no other practical treatment for colds, flu, viral pneumonis, mononucleosis, etc.  Colloidal silver can be used to treat candida infections and other fungus or yeast infections, gastroenteritis and also as a good topical treatment for cuts, scrapes and particularly burns.

It's a  good idea to keep colloidal silver on hand in case of any of the problems mentioned above.  If you would like to acquire some, you can reply to this discussion and include your email address.  I'll send more information about the product and how to contact me.

Bob

This reply was deleted.

Recent Activity

kenny waldrop replied to Lily's discussion 2 bedroom 2 bath rental for long or short term in Boquete Rentals
"Hello, beautiful place. How much are you asking?
Kenny
kendrop@hotmail.com 
 "
Feb 1, 2023
kenny waldrop replied to Patrick's discussion Avail 01/15/23 House Rental, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath $500. in Boquete Rentals
"Hi, I see that the house is rented. Will it be available July 1st for 1 year lease?

Thank you,…"
Feb 1, 2023
Lynne Ditlow replied to Whskyman's discussion Brother Sewing Machine, Model GX37 in Boquete Classifieds
"Hi is this sold? "
Jan 30, 2023
Buenos Vecinos de Boquete posted a discussion
View this email in your browserBuenos Vecinos de Boquete Newsletter January 2023Family of the Month…
Jan 30, 2023
Dee posted a discussion
Does anyone know if Strong Tower Church is still operating? If it is, can you please tell me where…
Jan 29, 2023
Patrick posted a discussion in Boquete Classifieds
ANYONE HAVE A COMPUTER MONITOR AT LEAST 24"TO SELL ATA REASONABLE PRICE?IF SO, PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT:…
Jan 27, 2023
Panama Mac posted a discussion in Boquete Classifieds
 Do you have an iPhone or iPad with music loaded on it?  Want to be able to play that music over…
Jan 26, 2023
Panama Mac posted a discussion in Boquete Classifieds
Looking to treat your family to a WOW experience in Panama from the comfort of your own home?  …
Jan 24, 2023
Fundrifter replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
"Hello....  Is already rented.  Thank you for your interes."
Jan 22, 2023
Myles replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
"Your link doesn't work"
Jan 21, 2023
Fundrifter replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
Jan 21, 2023
Myles replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
"Don't see link for photos !"
Jan 21, 2023
Fundrifter posted a discussion in Boquete Rentals
OWNER RENTS SPECTACULAR HOUSE OF 230 MTS.2 (CLOSED AREA) ON A LOT OF 1,400 MT 2. 3 BEDROOMS, 3…
Jan 21, 2023
Carlos Antonio Villarreal posted photos in Casa Prado
Jan 19, 2023
Cynthia Dunne replied to Jeff Larvick's discussion Driver’s License exam in English
"Hi Jeff, can you send me a copy of the exam if you still have it.   my email is…"
Jan 19, 2023
Patrick replied to Patrick's discussion Avail 01/15/23 House Rental, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath $500. in Boquete Rentals
"THE HOUSE HAS BEEN RENTED
 "
Jan 10, 2023
More…