Boquete Panama

Cool, Green and the best Coffee in the world

Thanks for the links.

Also thanks Lee. Gated communities are not very common in Australia, and from what I have heard the fees can be quite high.

We are interested in integrating into the community, not locking ourselves away, otherwise there would be little point in moving halfway across the world.  :)

It is always good to read forums like this instead of just the rosy information that is painted on certain websites.

Will be keeping an open mind when we visit the area and in the mean time will continue to practice our Spanish.

Views: 539

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Debbie - my husband and I are fellow Ozies now living in Brisas Boquetenas which is a sub division about 8 ks from Boquete on the road to David.  Unfortunately we are leaving for Canada for 5 months at the end of this week so probably won't be here when you get here.  However if we can help in any way just contact me via email     lbowes2010@gmail.com

We have been here 15 months now and love it.  Cheers........Lorrie

Changing subjects, in what cases is it correct to use "practice" instead of "practise" if your language is based on British English?  It always is confusing to me.

Bill, "practise" is the verb as in "I practise the piano" while "practice" is the noun as in "I have finished my piano practice".  But then again I might not have a good grasp of Brit English since I was asked by an American today who heard me speaking with my husband, where I came from.  I told him Scotland.  His response -- "Do they speak English there??"  Not the first time I have been asked that, in fact the very first time the question was posed to me, a few weeks after arrival in the US, the lady's response was "You've learned our language very quickly".  There are still times (very few and far between as many will confirm) when I am totally at a loss for words.

You treat us with your treatise!

Hoot mon! Sasanachs!

PS: why do Doctors call it a "Practice"?

Thanks for the great explanation of "ice" vs. "ise".  Maybe you would also graciously provide counsel on the "ise" vs. "ize" so that I could organise my thoughts for my next question.

It's quite a leap to conclude that Scottish is really English. But, there are also alot of Texans and Cajuns that believe they speak English too.

looks like my old joke fits in here:

I was in a pub last Saturday night. Had a few....and noticed two very large women at the bar.

They both had strong accents so I asked... "Hey, are you two ladies from Scotland?"

One of them chirped... "It's WALES, you friggin' idiot!"

So, I immediately apologized and said... "I'm sorry. Are you two whales from Scotland?"

That's all I remember.

no didnt know that....but know that the so called purest Swedish is spoken nowhere in Sweden!

But I do know ,and agree with the Mexican food...but , its Tex Mex, not Mexican.....making me hungry now!

but no, Te4xans dont say 'ax'...only "some" do...lol

All I know is that I can't wait to hear Español as a second language with an Ozzie inflection!

Thanks wryawry - I will try my best not to get my practice mixed up with my practise, and maybe give some people a giggle when I try out my Spanish in Boquete.

So far I have (hopefully) not disgraced myself when visiting Mexico, Chile, Peru, Argentina, Uruguay and previously Panama, but at least I have had fun trying.

eh Deb,

I did warn you.

Oy oy oy.

dlh

RSS

Help & more

To email an admin click below:
BoqueteNingAdmin

If you would like to receive email of the happenings in Boquete send an email to:
Newslady

You can buy cheap coffee mugs with free shipping on DHgate.com

Make your Roku, Smart TV, Computer act like it is where ever you want! Watch US Netflix and more.

Please Support our Sponsors

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Lee Zeltzer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service