location.href = 'https://boquete.ning.com/';

Replies

• LIST OF ATTORNEYS IN THE PANAMA CONSULAR DISTRICT

https://photos.state.gov/libraries/panama/11567/americancitizens/at...

https://photos.state.gov/libraries/panama/11567/americancitizens/attorneys2012.pdf
  • There have been lots of forum topics about lawyers in the area. The School of Lawyers addresses the complaints, but few actually go forth with them.

Word of mouth is your best tool. Do a lot of research, ask around. There are several Boquete forums right now as well as Facebook pages aimed to help out expats. Type in the lawyer's name and ask for Private Messages for references, there is one particular Boquete/David lawyer that everyone knows to stay clear off, there is a female lawyer highly recommended, so just ask around. Satisfied clients are your best reference. 

• When I present my seminar on my experience and recommendations for obtaining my Panama citizenship, I will also enlighten the ex-pats as to what lawyers can and have done to me, which to my knowledge no one knows about. Like how they can sue you, with absolutely no recourse.

It is recommend that property sellers, altruists and those who believe they are in paradise -do not come, that way they can avoid a  reality conflict with their fantasies.

Frank Rio Encantado,  Caldera

• I wish you the best of luck finding an ethical, honest, unbiased lawyer in Panama.  While I was there (Boquete), I never heard of one, nor did I find one.  Judges are equally suspect ....... I was actually told not to go to court for something against a Panamanian, because I would lose, even if I was undeniably right !

• We recommended Cristobal Sanchez who is tough as nails and who will really go after this bad lawyer. It takes a attorney of good moral fiber to fight these "land sharks"
    Cristobal can be reached at chiriqui.connection@gmail.com or msg him at 6888-0853. He does not charge for consultations. In case you did not know the WhatsApp group;chiriqui.connection does have a do not use list as well as whom we recommend.
    Robin
    • Thanks Robin,

I have initiated contact attempts via email and phone for Sr. Sanchez.

Also it seems I have become a bit of a legal "problem child" in that I also have had a shipment of household goods that the shipper abandoned their responsibility as brokers on. I dropped off some things in Miami but they have been stuck in Customs for 4 months. I finally got a broker to clear them but they have put them in storage and have been accruing - get this - $137.00 per day storage fees, now over $10,000. All part of a shell game to steal from the gringo most likely, bribes, etc.

Not the first, and almost not certainly not the last to lose a shipment without a reputable shipper. As it isn't worth near the above amount and they won't negotiate the storage, probably since I prepaid for shipping to Chiriqui and it would cost them money they obviously never intended to spend.

It would take a good, honest Panama City attorney to save this one I'm afraid, however I thought to toss this plight out as well - if anyone has an attorney like that which they can recommend. I have tried to contact maybe 20 or 25 via referrals and web searches, all to no avail.

If nothing else, I can let it be known to the community which shipper I would avoid ... as in this case.

• in Panama City I recommend my nephew Aldo Andre Sucre, I can give you his contact info or you could contact him directly in Facebook or Linked in

• I thought of a way to put some pressure on the guy.

Acodeco works really great with some profession like "constructors"...

Thanks for the infos

• Is there anyone who can help me with advice toward a couple of denuncias. My Spanish is not very good.

First, a lawyer in Boquete took $1100.00 from me last year and did nothing. This guy gave me a constant stream of misinformation, such as that I could drive for 6 months on a tourist visa. Then denied he had said that. Total scumbag. Another lawyer here told me, "I never see him at Immigration." I don't see his advertisements on NING anymore.

Secondly, I got an attorney in David to get me in-process for immigration, based upon my clear FBI report. He charged me 25% more that his quote, no big deal, I was glad to get the carnet.

But then I made the mistake of ignoring his anger management symptoms, and brought him in to a real estate deal. But his friend was the seller and this lawyer ended up doing the seller's bidding in contract negotiations. When I told the attorney I was unable to compensate him for drawing up a bogus contract and working for the other party, he went nuts and sent strings of expletives via email and confiscated $550.00 he had accepted for my tax work, in effect co-mingling funds.

A little weary of these bogus so-called professionals, only out $2,000 counting an un-needed apostille, but it would be good to try to recover some of it. Any ideas appreciated.

• Sure would be nice to keep the guessing equation away from readers.  It does not help us readers if we make the same mistake.  1st "ideas" is for us expats to help each other so we do not have to experience the same mistakes.  

This reply was deleted.

Recent Activity

kenny waldrop replied to Lily's discussion 2 bedroom 2 bath rental for long or short term in Boquete Rentals
"Hello, beautiful place. How much are you asking?
Kenny
kendrop@hotmail.com 
 "
Feb 1, 2023
kenny waldrop replied to Patrick's discussion Avail 01/15/23 House Rental, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath $500. in Boquete Rentals
"Hi, I see that the house is rented. Will it be available July 1st for 1 year lease?

Thank you,…"
Feb 1, 2023
Lynne Ditlow replied to Whskyman's discussion Brother Sewing Machine, Model GX37 in Boquete Classifieds
"Hi is this sold? "
Jan 30, 2023
Buenos Vecinos de Boquete posted a discussion
View this email in your browserBuenos Vecinos de Boquete Newsletter January 2023Family of the Month…
Jan 30, 2023
Dee posted a discussion
Does anyone know if Strong Tower Church is still operating? If it is, can you please tell me where…
Jan 29, 2023
Patrick posted a discussion in Boquete Classifieds
ANYONE HAVE A COMPUTER MONITOR AT LEAST 24"TO SELL ATA REASONABLE PRICE?IF SO, PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT:…
Jan 27, 2023
Panama Mac posted a discussion in Boquete Classifieds
 Do you have an iPhone or iPad with music loaded on it?  Want to be able to play that music over…
Jan 26, 2023
Panama Mac posted a discussion in Boquete Classifieds
Looking to treat your family to a WOW experience in Panama from the comfort of your own home?  …
Jan 24, 2023
Fundrifter replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
"Hello....  Is already rented.  Thank you for your interes."
Jan 22, 2023
Myles replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
"Your link doesn't work"
Jan 21, 2023
Fundrifter replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
Jan 21, 2023
Myles replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
"Don't see link for photos !"
Jan 21, 2023
Fundrifter posted a discussion in Boquete Rentals
OWNER RENTS SPECTACULAR HOUSE OF 230 MTS.2 (CLOSED AREA) ON A LOT OF 1,400 MT 2. 3 BEDROOMS, 3…
Jan 21, 2023
Carlos Antonio Villarreal posted photos in Casa Prado
Jan 19, 2023
Cynthia Dunne replied to Jeff Larvick's discussion Driver’s License exam in English
"Hi Jeff, can you send me a copy of the exam if you still have it.   my email is…"
Jan 19, 2023
Patrick replied to Patrick's discussion Avail 01/15/23 House Rental, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath $500. in Boquete Rentals
"THE HOUSE HAS BEEN RENTED
 "
Jan 10, 2023
More…