Hello, I see a lot of satellite dishes around Chiriqui and I know someone must be installing them, maybe private contractors like in the US. If you know anyone who does this line of work.

Anyway I have a new-in-box Sathawk 3000 digital signal strength meter I brought from the US. It is an older but highly rated model. I think I paid $450.00 for it. I am asking $95.00 negotiable for anyone who has or knows of a business installing dishes. It should work and save a lot of time for them and I have included the Sathawk archived web site with all available details as an attachment.

The outfit that sold me this unit was Sadoun Satellite Sales ( http://www.sadoun.com ) in Columbus, Ohio. They could no doubt provide you with the latest datafile. The Sathawk model 5000 later superceded the 3000 but I would estimate the datafiles would be compatible.

Another Sat-pointing aid is:

http://www.dishpointer.com/

My unit also could come in handy if you move frequently and take your dish with you. Reply in this thread with contact information or send me a private message inside NING if interested. Thanks for looking.

"I have the Sathawk3000, or to be exact the version before. It comes preloaded with satellites and you can't add any to it, other than downloading the latest list from their web site. It is a positive satellite identification meter. All it is really is a very small receiver with a few test points stored from each listed satellite. Unless you are a professional satellite installer your receiver will do exactly the same thing with ANY satellite of your choice. Don't get me wrong this is the BEST tool I have in my arsenal but its a very expensive way to point a dish once or twice . If you can see the TV from your dish save your money and use that!"

"We have updated the datafile for the SatHawk 3000 today. Now the Datafile contains almost all of NA satellites (both KU and C-Band). Plus in the same file you will have support for Universal and Standard LNBFs for most of the satellites.
If you have the Channel Master 1009IFD, or the SignalLOC Pro, you maybe able to use the same datafile, but we make no warrantees or claims it will work."

Views: 31

Attachments:

© 2018   Created by JLM Foundation.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

}, 'google_translate_element'); }