location.href = 'https://boquete.ning.com/';

Resetting Visa

Does anyone know if you fly out of Panama how long do you truly have to stay out to restart your 180 days? thank you for any info. 

You need to be a member of Boquete Ning to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If you leave Panama today and comeback seven (7) days later, that would restart your 180 days.

• Edgardo, is this a new law, can you give me some reference to it, as the law passed 2 years ago is 30 days out.

Thanks

• The law talks about 90 days only. This period is extended for 90 more days to citizens of the US and other certain countries. Actually, if the immigration officer believes that the traveller is not in Panama for tourism, said traveller may be denied entry to Panama. For example, if the passport shows that that person has entered Panama many times within the last year. Of course, there should be a reason for that.

Former Director issued an Ordinance that talked about 30 days. It is correct. 

If you want to live in Panama, then you can apply for a Friendly Nations Visa or Temporary stay visa for US citizens (Executive Decree No. 181 of May 28, 2019).

Also, you can contact the Legal Department of the Immigration Office of Panama to verify this information:

Asesoría Legal
        Jefe: 507-1948 Asistente: 507-1850
        Relaciones Públicas
        Secretaria: 507-1820

• I apologize, did not realize you are an attorney . I need some advice in Boquete. Do you know if anyone? Best, Pat

• Hi Patricia,

If you want, send me an e-mail at info@creeganslawoffice.com. We serve clients who live in Boquete too. WhatsApp: +507 6290-3468

Consultation and case review.

• Are you sure? Thank you, Pat

• There is no 7 day out law in Panama that I am aware of, it's 30 days out. Sorry, but I just do not want false information given out on this site.

But like I said earlier, many people have just been leaving, by flying out for a couple days and returning, and have been ok, but in the last few weeks the governemnt has been announcing some changes in the visa enforcement, so I personally would not risk it at this time. Do that at your own risk.

Also remember, when returing you must have a ticket out of panama, within the next 6 months, or the airline will not allow you on the plane to Panama, that they are very strict on. 

Here is some clear information on this reseting your visa change: https://livinginpanama.com/panama/panama-tourist-visa-rule-change/

From the US Embassy

https://us11.campaign-archive.com/?u=8c73c77e462362f4b730dbc1d&...

The End of Permanent Tourist in Panama
        Panama is saying enough is enough! Too many people are living in Panama, but not bothering to obtain legal residency. And Panama has made some quick…
  • The current law in Panama, changed 2 years ago, requires you to leave the country for 30 days to renew your 180 day tourist visa.  It used to be 3 days.  Now, this seems to be up to the discression of the immigration agent, and many have reported that they have no problem, flying out for a few days and returing, but that being said, the law is 30 day out, so I cannot advise otherwise.

• Thank you Rod, I am not attempting it at this time. Will keep in touch of the new laws. I appreciate it, Pat

• Thank you

This reply was deleted.

Recent Activity

kenny waldrop replied to Lily's discussion 2 bedroom 2 bath rental for long or short term in Boquete Rentals
"Hello, beautiful place. How much are you asking?
Kenny
kendrop@hotmail.com 
 "
Feb 1, 2023
kenny waldrop replied to Patrick's discussion Avail 01/15/23 House Rental, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath $500. in Boquete Rentals
"Hi, I see that the house is rented. Will it be available July 1st for 1 year lease?

Thank you,…"
Feb 1, 2023
Lynne Ditlow replied to Whskyman's discussion Brother Sewing Machine, Model GX37 in Boquete Classifieds
"Hi is this sold? "
Jan 30, 2023
Buenos Vecinos de Boquete posted a discussion
View this email in your browserBuenos Vecinos de Boquete Newsletter January 2023Family of the Month…
Jan 30, 2023
Dee posted a discussion
Does anyone know if Strong Tower Church is still operating? If it is, can you please tell me where…
Jan 29, 2023
Patrick posted a discussion in Boquete Classifieds
ANYONE HAVE A COMPUTER MONITOR AT LEAST 24"TO SELL ATA REASONABLE PRICE?IF SO, PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT:…
Jan 27, 2023
Panama Mac posted a discussion in Boquete Classifieds
 Do you have an iPhone or iPad with music loaded on it?  Want to be able to play that music over…
Jan 26, 2023
Panama Mac posted a discussion in Boquete Classifieds
Looking to treat your family to a WOW experience in Panama from the comfort of your own home?  …
Jan 24, 2023
Fundrifter replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
"Hello....  Is already rented.  Thank you for your interes."
Jan 22, 2023
Myles replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
"Your link doesn't work"
Jan 21, 2023
Fundrifter replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
Jan 21, 2023
Myles replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
"Don't see link for photos !"
Jan 21, 2023
Fundrifter posted a discussion in Boquete Rentals
OWNER RENTS SPECTACULAR HOUSE OF 230 MTS.2 (CLOSED AREA) ON A LOT OF 1,400 MT 2. 3 BEDROOMS, 3…
Jan 21, 2023
Carlos Antonio Villarreal posted photos in Casa Prado
Jan 19, 2023
Cynthia Dunne replied to Jeff Larvick's discussion Driver’s License exam in English
"Hi Jeff, can you send me a copy of the exam if you still have it.   my email is…"
Jan 19, 2023
Patrick replied to Patrick's discussion Avail 01/15/23 House Rental, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath $500. in Boquete Rentals
"THE HOUSE HAS BEEN RENTED
 "
Jan 10, 2023
More…