location.href = 'https://boquete.ning.com/';

I received this notice from aribox express. can anyone tell me what it means and how i can get my medicines and supplements out of customs?

Estimado Cliente, Queremos hacer de su conocimiento que a partir del 1 de Septiembre de 2014 por regulaciones de la Autoridad Panameña de Seguridad de Alimentos (AUPSA) www.aupsa.gob.pa, Airbox Express S.A. no puede tramitar ningún producto para consumo personal o animal, (Alimentos, Vitaminas, Suplementos, Golosinas etc.) en su nombre. El mismo debe ser única y exclusivamente tramitado en nombre del cliente. Estamos tratando de lograr un entendimiento con la Autoridad Panameña de Seguridad de Alimentos por esta nueva disposiciòn, aunque el tiempo de respuesta està tomando màs de lo usual. De usted requerir el paquete con suma urgencia deberà realizar el siguiente procedimiento requerido por Aupsa: 1- Imprimir y llenar Formulario de Notificaciòn para el ingreso de Alimentos en Calidad de consumo Personal. http://200.46.196.147/aupsa/requisitos/FORMATO_SOLICITUD_DE_EVALUACION_DE_NOTIFICACION.pdf 2- 2- Enviar firmado y escaneado a normas@aupsa.gob.pa 3- Retirar formulario Sellado en Original en la Direcciòn de Normas de AUPSA. 4- Realizar el pago correspondiente de 2.00 dolares por notificaciòn en el Banco Nacional a la cuenta AUPSA 010000104031 4- Enviar el Formulario con sello de aprobacion en Original a Airbox Express para el retiro del paquete. Lamentamos el inconveniente que esto pueda causarle, pero estamos haciendo todo lo posible para cumplir con los requerimientos que establece esta entidad para el registro de la importación de su producto, y poder continuar brindándole el servicio de tramite de AUPSA. Queremos que sepa que mientras este proceso se realiza su paquete está en nuestras bodegas, por lo que tan pronto tengamos respuesta de està entidad le comunicaremos. De tener alguna consulta, no dude en contactarnos. Servicio al Cliente, Airbox Express

You need to be a member of Boquete Ning to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I had a 3lb box shipped by EShop for $12. No customs or extra charges that I get from airbox. Simply $12. No complicated invoice. Just a simple handwritten invoice for $12.30.
    • looks interesting those prices.

• yes, I saw that and then modified my comment. Thank you Roger.

• Just got a shipment of food supplements last week from iHerb and it came with lots of paper work and a 30% customs fee. How about the "Free Trade Agreement"?
    The charges in detail: invoice amount 373.89
    IMP 38.46
    MISC 4.00
    Corredor 47.00
    Sellos 10.00
    Servicio 12.50
    7% ITBMS 4.87
    + seperate invoice for Desconsolidation $ 5.00 plus 7% tax = 5.35

Is this how they want us pensionados stay healthy and with the supply of our needed pharmaceuticals, that are often not available in Panama?
    • Interesting.

Seems like the customs taxes tariff you were charged was around 10% of CIF Value.  I found that the CORREDOR or custom broker fee is extremely high.  I am not sure but they have by law a minimum amount to be charged.  Then they also increase their fee based on the value of the products imported.  For example some of my customers who make orders around $20k - $40k are charged by the custom brokers around $125.

Sellos, Servicio and desconsolidation fees are also high and out of consideration.  That is the problem with those mail services companies like Airbox, Mail Box, etc.  They will charge you higher services because they wanted to have higher income.

• Thanks very much Roger. Also to consider is keeping the shipments below 1kg - I suppose. Btw. the billing for all these fees was directly from customs (Costa del Este), not from DHL or Mailboxes. Attached to the famous pink/purple customs print outs. 

Wonder what the final bill will come to when Mailboxes send the monthly statement.

• There are no fees on shipments of under $100. No ITBMS and not tariff. So it is best to keep amounts under $100

• The Free Trade Agreement is an extremely long and complicated document with many schedules and topics including financial services, agriculture, etc.

It is also phased in slowly, with the tariffs, customs, etc, gradually reduced over a 10 year period (and in some cases 20 years).

As with almost everything at the national governmental level, the needs and concerns of the little guys,especially expats, were not a big priority.  

• Only companies and corporations that imports goods from USA have the experience and knowledge when dealing and getting the benefits of this FTA.

I am into Industrial products and tools.  Most of the products I sold to my distributors in Panama pay 0% of customs taxes.  So graduality of duties reduction will depend on the type of products. 

• Jessica Sicilia of Airbox Express has just confirmed that:

"the problem is resolved and you can ship your packages again."

This reply was deleted.

Recent Activity

kenny waldrop replied to Lily's discussion 2 bedroom 2 bath rental for long or short term in Boquete Rentals
"Hello, beautiful place. How much are you asking?
Kenny
kendrop@hotmail.com 
 "
Feb 1, 2023
kenny waldrop replied to Patrick's discussion Avail 01/15/23 House Rental, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath $500. in Boquete Rentals
"Hi, I see that the house is rented. Will it be available July 1st for 1 year lease?

Thank you,…"
Feb 1, 2023
Lynne Ditlow replied to Whskyman's discussion Brother Sewing Machine, Model GX37 in Boquete Classifieds
"Hi is this sold? "
Jan 30, 2023
Buenos Vecinos de Boquete posted a discussion
View this email in your browserBuenos Vecinos de Boquete Newsletter January 2023Family of the Month…
Jan 30, 2023
Dee posted a discussion
Does anyone know if Strong Tower Church is still operating? If it is, can you please tell me where…
Jan 29, 2023
Patrick posted a discussion in Boquete Classifieds
ANYONE HAVE A COMPUTER MONITOR AT LEAST 24"TO SELL ATA REASONABLE PRICE?IF SO, PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT:…
Jan 27, 2023
Panama Mac posted a discussion in Boquete Classifieds
 Do you have an iPhone or iPad with music loaded on it?  Want to be able to play that music over…
Jan 26, 2023
Panama Mac posted a discussion in Boquete Classifieds
Looking to treat your family to a WOW experience in Panama from the comfort of your own home?  …
Jan 24, 2023
Fundrifter replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
"Hello....  Is already rented.  Thank you for your interes."
Jan 22, 2023
Myles replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
"Your link doesn't work"
Jan 21, 2023
Fundrifter replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
Jan 21, 2023
Myles replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
"Don't see link for photos !"
Jan 21, 2023
Fundrifter posted a discussion in Boquete Rentals
OWNER RENTS SPECTACULAR HOUSE OF 230 MTS.2 (CLOSED AREA) ON A LOT OF 1,400 MT 2. 3 BEDROOMS, 3…
Jan 21, 2023
Carlos Antonio Villarreal posted photos in Casa Prado
Jan 19, 2023
Cynthia Dunne replied to Jeff Larvick's discussion Driver’s License exam in English
"Hi Jeff, can you send me a copy of the exam if you still have it.   my email is…"
Jan 19, 2023
Patrick replied to Patrick's discussion Avail 01/15/23 House Rental, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath $500. in Boquete Rentals
"THE HOUSE HAS BEEN RENTED
 "
Jan 10, 2023
More…