location.href = 'https://boquete.ning.com/';

Panamanian drivers license application

Hi I am going to apply for a Panamanian drivers license and would like to contact a driving school or agency that would help me through the process. Any information would be very helpful 

thanks 😁

You need to be a member of Boquete Ning to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Paul, hi. I just went through this process.
    I'm guessing you're retired and have a permanent visa already?

This guy (Wilfredo, see below) can help. He's a legal translator so speaks perfect English.

He charges $50 to facilitate the process. That qucikly pays for itself because he was able to direct me to a driving school that was $12 cheaper than the others I was considering, and he took me to a medical lab to get my medical letter from a gerantologist for $25 (I was going to have to pay $70 here in Boquete.)    Definitely worth making contact with him. He'll also send you a PDF with the correct answers to the 133 test questions so you can study.

If you don't have a car, he'll rent you his for $20 to take the test.

If you have your own car but it's a big car, I might recommend renting a small car for the test. I watched 5 out of 7 people fail before me.  As soon as you touch one of the cones or the rope connecting them, they stop the test and you have to come back.

If you're jubliado (retired) you don't need an appointment at Setracen. They give priority to older people so you don't have to wait in line. 

I failed the parking test twice. Finally, I took a one-hour driving lesson from the driving school in a Kia Picanto (a small car) for $15 and then for $20 more, they took me to Setracen (the licencing center) and let me use the car for the test. I passed!  Got my license last Wednesday. (Note, you can also just rent their car for the test for $20 and they bring it over to Setracen. I did that but failed the test because they don't let you drive the car ahead of time. So all I could do was get in, adjust the mirrors, and the seat and take the test. Didn't know how big the car was so I touched one of the cones again. )

Wilfredo Santa Maria Santiago

+507 6627-5322 (WhatsApp)

David, Panama

Wilsan18@hotmail.com

https://www.sertracen.com.pa/david/

David « Sertracen Panamá
  • Hi Paul, 

I just got my license about a month ago. I did not find a school....per say, all I found really was the question on the test. There are 132 or so questions that they randomely pick 10 from that you will test on.....you have get at least 7 correct to pass the written portion. Once that is complete you will take the driving portion. Mine consisted of a set up in a parking lot with cones set up. You pull in forward to the parking stop, back out, turn araound and back into the same spot to the parking stop. Then you parrallel park with inI thin 2 minutes. I took mine in a Santa Fe which is a big car and did it in one try....very large parking spot. If you touch any cones you fail. I have made a pdf file of the questions with the correct answers you are welcome to have a copy of if you like. There questions are sometimes very peculiar because of translation. If you would like a copy send me your email, it makes it pretty easy to pass the written test.  Jeff email jc312@yahoo.com 

This reply was deleted.

Recent Activity

kenny waldrop replied to Lily's discussion 2 bedroom 2 bath rental for long or short term in Boquete Rentals
"Hello, beautiful place. How much are you asking?
Kenny
kendrop@hotmail.com 
 "
Feb 1, 2023
kenny waldrop replied to Patrick's discussion Avail 01/15/23 House Rental, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath $500. in Boquete Rentals
"Hi, I see that the house is rented. Will it be available July 1st for 1 year lease?

Thank you,…"
Feb 1, 2023
Lynne Ditlow replied to Whskyman's discussion Brother Sewing Machine, Model GX37 in Boquete Classifieds
"Hi is this sold? "
Jan 30, 2023
Buenos Vecinos de Boquete posted a discussion
View this email in your browserBuenos Vecinos de Boquete Newsletter January 2023Family of the Month…
Jan 30, 2023
Dee posted a discussion
Does anyone know if Strong Tower Church is still operating? If it is, can you please tell me where…
Jan 29, 2023
Patrick posted a discussion in Boquete Classifieds
ANYONE HAVE A COMPUTER MONITOR AT LEAST 24"TO SELL ATA REASONABLE PRICE?IF SO, PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT:…
Jan 27, 2023
Panama Mac posted a discussion in Boquete Classifieds
 Do you have an iPhone or iPad with music loaded on it?  Want to be able to play that music over…
Jan 26, 2023
Panama Mac posted a discussion in Boquete Classifieds
Looking to treat your family to a WOW experience in Panama from the comfort of your own home?  …
Jan 24, 2023
Fundrifter replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
"Hello....  Is already rented.  Thank you for your interes."
Jan 22, 2023
Myles replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
"Your link doesn't work"
Jan 21, 2023
Fundrifter replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
Jan 21, 2023
Myles replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
"Don't see link for photos !"
Jan 21, 2023
Fundrifter posted a discussion in Boquete Rentals
OWNER RENTS SPECTACULAR HOUSE OF 230 MTS.2 (CLOSED AREA) ON A LOT OF 1,400 MT 2. 3 BEDROOMS, 3…
Jan 21, 2023
Carlos Antonio Villarreal posted photos in Casa Prado
Jan 19, 2023
Cynthia Dunne replied to Jeff Larvick's discussion Driver’s License exam in English
"Hi Jeff, can you send me a copy of the exam if you still have it.   my email is…"
Jan 19, 2023
Patrick replied to Patrick's discussion Avail 01/15/23 House Rental, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath $500. in Boquete Rentals
"THE HOUSE HAS BEEN RENTED
 "
Jan 10, 2023
More…