location.href = 'https://boquete.ning.com/';

THANKING OUR LOCAL POLICE

For the last two years, a private group of Boquete Expats, comes together to thank the local police departments for their service to the community and try to enhance the relationships between expats and local law enforcement.

These private citizens put money from their own pockets (between $800-$1000) to have a Christmas Luncheon, where police officers bring their spouses and children and just enjoy themselves. They come from all departments David, Dolega, Boquete, DIJ, etc. Their kids each receive a present.

Last year, their first luncheon was at Sabor Escondido with about 80 in attendance,  and this year it was at Skate World and the number was greater. Thank you to those venues for accommodating to a limited budget to offer a gesture of gratitude to law enforcement during the Holidays

So, I would like to thank those who organize it each year, and have a great friendship with the local law enforcement on behalf of all expats, some officers are learning English while our friends better their Spanish. It is because of people such as Ritch and Marguerite, Gene and Linda, Erick and Linda, Peter and others,  that local enforcement are viewing expats as their friends. They come to them year round for support with maintenance of their weapons, office supplies and others.

So thank you to Gene & Linda, Ritch and Marguerite and all of their friends and supporters for all you do to help out the Boquete Police Department and DIJ, who have so little funds allocated and try so hard to keep us safe.

You need to be a member of Boquete Ning to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Skateworld was very happy that we were chosen as the location for this event.  We are all very fortunate to have the police force that we have here.  They are hard working individuals tat we can count on! Let's all remember that this is a great time of year to thank these men and women in uniform!

• We are honored to do for the Boquete Police!  They have become as family to us and now we celebrate birthdays with each as well!  They are a wonderfully, respectful, loving group and we are blessed they have embraced us as well.  This year we had additionally Dr. Newton and Janet Osborne plus Colleen Murphy and Jeff Barr donating to the event and celebrating our police.  We were only too happy to help raise the funds to repair the vehicle for the local DIP.  They all work very hard to protect us and we are all indebted to them!  If there is a need, they know they can ask and we will do what we can. Last year Olga was actually the one who was able to coordinate the lunch at the Sabor for them; we missed not having her here with us this year.  It was a warm and fun event enjoyed by all present.  We welcome anyone who would want to be part of it going forward.

• I have been here for only 7 months, but I did not know that people are doing this. Great job. I am so impressed. I was wondering if anything like that is done for EMT and the fire departments.

• I am unaware of any groups doing this for them, but it is a great idea.
      • I think so

• Bravo to all!
This reply was deleted.

Recent Activity

kenny waldrop replied to Lily's discussion 2 bedroom 2 bath rental for long or short term in Boquete Rentals
"Hello, beautiful place. How much are you asking?
Kenny
kendrop@hotmail.com 
 "
Feb 1, 2023
kenny waldrop replied to Patrick's discussion Avail 01/15/23 House Rental, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath $500. in Boquete Rentals
"Hi, I see that the house is rented. Will it be available July 1st for 1 year lease?

Thank you,…"
Feb 1, 2023
Lynne Ditlow replied to Whskyman's discussion Brother Sewing Machine, Model GX37 in Boquete Classifieds
"Hi is this sold? "
Jan 30, 2023
Buenos Vecinos de Boquete posted a discussion
View this email in your browserBuenos Vecinos de Boquete Newsletter January 2023Family of the Month…
Jan 30, 2023
Dee posted a discussion
Does anyone know if Strong Tower Church is still operating? If it is, can you please tell me where…
Jan 29, 2023
Patrick posted a discussion in Boquete Classifieds
ANYONE HAVE A COMPUTER MONITOR AT LEAST 24"TO SELL ATA REASONABLE PRICE?IF SO, PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT:…
Jan 27, 2023
Panama Mac posted a discussion in Boquete Classifieds
 Do you have an iPhone or iPad with music loaded on it?  Want to be able to play that music over…
Jan 26, 2023
Panama Mac posted a discussion in Boquete Classifieds
Looking to treat your family to a WOW experience in Panama from the comfort of your own home?  …
Jan 24, 2023
Fundrifter replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
"Hello....  Is already rented.  Thank you for your interes."
Jan 22, 2023
Myles replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
"Your link doesn't work"
Jan 21, 2023
Fundrifter replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
Jan 21, 2023
Myles replied to Fundrifter's discussion Awesome, huge 3 Bed/3 bath house Totally fenced. NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! in Boquete Rentals
"Don't see link for photos !"
Jan 21, 2023
Fundrifter posted a discussion in Boquete Rentals
OWNER RENTS SPECTACULAR HOUSE OF 230 MTS.2 (CLOSED AREA) ON A LOT OF 1,400 MT 2. 3 BEDROOMS, 3…
Jan 21, 2023
Carlos Antonio Villarreal posted photos in Casa Prado
Jan 19, 2023
Cynthia Dunne replied to Jeff Larvick's discussion Driver’s License exam in English
"Hi Jeff, can you send me a copy of the exam if you still have it.   my email is…"
Jan 19, 2023
Patrick replied to Patrick's discussion Avail 01/15/23 House Rental, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath $500. in Boquete Rentals
"THE HOUSE HAS BEEN RENTED
 "
Jan 10, 2023
More…